Our monthly yoga subscription includes a collection of yoga classes designed to support overall health and wellness. Classes include Yoga for Back Health and Sciatica; Yoga for Stress and Anxiety; Chair Yoga; and The Adventures of Millie the Mule (for children). New classes are added periodically.
Classes are suitable for students of all levels, as modifications are provided.
While the classes in this collection are designed to address specific issues (ie back health, anxiety, etc), we still address the entire body, as we believe this is necessary in order to achieve balance and overall wellness.
Some of these classes will require the use of a yoga block and strap/belt. You may also find it helpful to have a yoga mat and blanket. I hope you find these classes a wonderful addition to your routine and that you find the benefits to be many.
As with any exercise routine, It is recommended…
- that you obtain the approval of a licensed physician or health care professional prior to starting this program
- That you do not practice on a full stomach
- that you stop immediately if you should experience any pain or discomfort during any class.
We look forward to helping you on your journey toward improved health and wellness.
- Unlimited Classes
- Monthly Subscription
- Cancel Anytime
About the instructor...Sheila has been teaching yoga for more than 16 years, focusing specifically on back health and stress/anxiety for more than 10 years. She has done several trainings in the area of yoga therapy, and is certified through the Boston Trauma Center as a trauma sensitive yoga instructor.
Her newest addition, a children's book, The Adventures of Millie the Mule, includes short stories and yoga inspired activities. Each activity includes breath, movement and inspiration! Children will learn valuable life lessons, which will help to improve confidence, calm the nervous system and teach the importance of gratitude, generosity and kindness. Millie and her friends will inspire children to make positive choices and to always believe in themselves!
TOP 10 REASONS TO TRY YOGA
1. STRESS RELIEF: Yoga reduces the physical effects of stress on the body. By encouraging relaxation, yoga helps to lower the levels of the stress hormone cortisol. Related benefits include lowering blood pressure and heart rate, improving digestion and boosting the immune system, as well as easing symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, depression, fatigue, asthma and insomnia.
2. PAIN RELIEF: Yoga can ease pain. Studies have demonstrated that practicing yoga asanas (postures), meditation or a combination of the two, reduced pain for people with conditions such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, auto-immune diseases and hypertension, as well as arthritis, back and neck pain, and other chronic conditions. Some practitioners report that even emotional pain can be eased through the practice of yoga.
3. BETTER BREATHING: Yoga teaches people to take slower, deeper breaths. This helps to improve lung function, trigger the body’s relaxation response and increase the amount of oxygen available to the body.
4. FLEXIBILITY: Yoga helps to improve flexibility and mobility, increasing range of movement and reducing aches and pains. Many people can’t touch their toes during their first yoga class. Gradually they begin to use the correct muscles. Over time, the ligaments, tendons and muscles lengthen, increasing elasticity, making more poses possible. Yoga also helps to improve body alignment resulting in better posture and helping to relieve back, neck, joint and muscle problems.
5. INCREASED STRENGTH: Yoga asanas (postures) use every muscle in the body, helping to increase strength literally from head to toe. And, while these postures strengthen the body, they also provide an additional benefit of helping to relieve muscular tension.
6. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: Yoga (even less vigorous styles) can aid weight control efforts by reducing cortisol levels, as well as by burning excess calories and reducing stress. Yoga also encourages healthy eating habits and provides a heightened sense of well being and self esteem.
7. IMPROVED CIRCULATION: Yoga helps to improve circulation and, as a result of various poses, more efficiently moves oxygenated blood to the body’s cells.
8. CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONING: Even a gentle yoga practice can provide cardiovascular benefits by lowering resting heart rate, increasing endurance and improving oxygen uptake during exercise.
9. FOCUS ON THE PRESENT: Yoga helps us to focus on the present, to become more aware, and to help create mind-body health. It opens the way to improved concentration, coordination, reaction time and memory.
10. INNER PEACE: The meditative aspects of yoga help many to reach a deeper, more spiritual and more satisfying place in their lives. Many who begin to practice for other reasons have reported this to be a key reason that yoga has become an essential part of their daily lives.